Family therapy with attention and appreciation for other views around the fire
These campfire discussions, dialogues are based on the an old tradition of coming together around the fire with a talking stick.
This kind of being togehter ensures that we stay out of reaction, really listen to eachother and take responsibility for our own part in the conflict/difficulty and find peace in expressing what really lives in us.
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand.
Most people listen with the intent to reply
- Whoever holds the Talking Stick is the only one who speaks
- If you do not hold a Talking Stick, you will be silent and listen carefully
- Anyone who has spoken chooses someone from the group who returns what has just been said
- Questions can be asked to understand what it is about, but you can not say anything else
- Those who have spoken, pass the talking stick after he / she feels understood
- Defensive and negative energy is transformed into creative energy
- thinking together and not for each other
- using similarities and differences
- encouraging involvement
- everybody speaks (their desires and frustrations)
- listening empathically to and reflect on shared experiences
Why a circle around the fire?
- the circle symbolizes equality, the talking stick goes from hand to hand
- sitting in a circle stimulates togetherness
- fire brings peace
- fire encourages reflection in silence
- fire has a transformative power
This circle can occur for you household or family
For a free intake, please call Carla 0479 29 79 29 of send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org